avtMonExp project on Python 3 for searching experts of a given domain in Twitter.
avtMonExp project was started in August 2016. This project implements some ideas from the E-Government Monitor project.
avtMonExp project includes the following main stages:
1. Search and retrieve data based on pre-defined criteria from Twitter.
2. Data analysis.
3. Evaluation of relevance and ranking of data by a unique algorithm developed by our company’s specialists.
4. Save data that corresponds to the specified criteria in the relational database.
5. Visualization of results in the browser on Google Maps.
avtMonExp project requires the following main components:
- Python 3.6.3 – Python is a programming language that lets you work quickly.
- TwitterSearch 1.0.2 by Christian Koepp – A Python library to easily iterate tweets found by the Twitter Search API.
- python-gmaps 0.3.1 by Michał Jaworski – A Google Maps API client.
- gmplot 1.2.0 by Michael Woods – Plotting data on Google Maps, the easy (stupid) way
- MySQL Community Server 5.7 – MySQL Community Edition is a freely downloadable version of the world’s most popular open source database that is supported by an active community of open source developers and enthusiasts.
- MySQL Connector/Python – MySQL Connector/Python is a standardized database driver for Python platforms and development.